KAZAKHSTAN ALPINE PERMAFROST LABORATORY
Areas of Research
- Study of the distribution and structure of perennially and seasonally frozen ground in mountains and adjacent valleys in Kazakhstan and Central Asia.
- Monitoring of the temperature regimes of permafrost, residual thaw layer, and seasonal freeze-thaw layers in various landscapes of the northern Tian Shan; prediction of thermal changes related to climate change and human activity.
- Study of the distribution, morphology, dynamics and evolution of periglacial processes and phenomena, including those on fresh moraines in relation to glacier retreat.
- Development of procedures for and construction of maps of varying scale and purpose.
- Assessment of frozen ground-related hazards in the mountains and plains of Kazakhstan.
Eduard Severskiy Ph.D., Head of Laboratory
Aldar Gorbunov D.Sc., Principal Research Scientist
Sergey Kurashkin, Senior Technical Assistant
Sergey Kryukov, Senior Technical Assistant
Oleg Berman, Technical Assistant
Elena Fabrichnova, Technical Assistant
P.O. Box 138
Kazakhstan Almaty 050000
Phone: 727 267-37-91 Е-mail: email@example.com