Nadezhda Pavlova, Ph.D.
Head, Laboratory of Permafrost Groundwater and Geochemistry
Tel.: (4112) 390-812, 334-875
- M.S. Perm’ State University, 1993
- Ph.D. (Geology and Mineralogy), Melnikov Permafrost Institute, Yakutsk, 2002. Dissertation: Formation and Regime of Anthropogenic Cryopegs in the Tuymaada Valley
- Hydrogeology of permafrost regions
- Hydrochemistry of permafrost environments
- Member, Russian Society of Subsoil Use Experts
- Member, Russian Union of Hydrogeologists (ROSGIDROGEO)
- Member, Scientific Council, Melnikov Permafrost Institute
- Member, Dissertation Council D.003.025.01 (qualification standard 25.00.08 – engineering geology, geocryology and geotechnical engineering)
- 2008-present – Field permafrost and groundwater studies on the Bestyakh terrace of the Lena River
- 2008-2009 – Performance survey of groundwater abstraction structures in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
- 2009 – Groundwater studies as part of the environmental research program for the Elkon Mine Project, Aldan District, Yakutia
- 2000 – Permafrost and groundwater studies along the proposed access road area, Elga Coal Mine Project, Yakutia
Teaching and Mentoring Activities
- Associate Professor, Department of Geocryology, North-Eastern Federal University
- Supervisor for a Ph.D. candidate
- SB RAS Basic Research Project IX.127.2.3, 2017-2020: Integrated Studies to Understand the Dynamics of Natural and Human-Affected Landscapes in the East Siberian permafrost region – Block 2. Understanding the Interaction between Surface and Ground Water in the Formation and Dynamics of Permafrost Landscapes (Principal Investigator)
- Contract Project with Prognoz AO, 2018: Additional Exploration of the Verticalny Aquifer Area (Resource Reassessment) (Principal Investigator)
- Contract Project with Prognoz AO, 2018: Design of a Groundwater Intake Facility, Verticalny Aquifer (Principal Investigator)
Selected Past Projects
- Contract Project with Sakha (Yakutia) Department of Housing and Communal Services, 2017-2018: Geological Exploration of the Well #1-ST Area in Satagai, Amga District, for Groundwater Resource Assessment (Principal Investigator)
- RFBR Grant 15-45-05050, 2016-2017: Experimental Studies of the Formation and Evolution of Anthropogenic Cryopegs in Urban Areas of the Central Yakutian Permafrost Region (Project Director)
- Contract Project, 2017: Permafrost and Groundwater Observations in District 203, Yakutsk on Reclaimed Land and Development of Performance Control Measures (Co-Principal Investigator)
- RFBR Grant 16-35-50151, 2016: Assessing the Small-River Runoff Components in the Central Yakutian Permafrost Region: Shestakovka River Catchment (Project Director)
- SB RAS Basic Research Project VII.63.2.3, 2010-2016: Geocryological Hazards in the Russian North-East: Landscape and Hydrogeological Relationships (Co-Principal Investigator)
- SB RAS Basic Research Project VIII.69.2.3, 2013-2016. Multidisciplinary Research on Late Pleistocene and Holocene Evolution of Permafrost Landscapes in East Siberia. Block 2. Understanding the Role of Hydrogeological Factors in the Formation and Dynamics of Permafrost Landscapes (Principal Investigator)
- Contract Project: Effect of Icings on Flood Stages in the Yana River Basin: Sartang, Dulgallakh and Adycha Rivers (Principal Investigator)
- RFBR Grant 14-05-07024, 2014: Publication of the Monograph “Hydrogeochemical Investigations of Permafrost in Central Yakutia” (Project Director)
- Contract with OOO VED, 2011-2012. Hydrogeological Description of the Rivers Draining into the Laptev and East Siberian Seas (Lena, Anabar, Olenek, Alazeya, Yana, and Indigirka) (Project Director)
- Contract with OOO NVTs Geoteknologia, 2009-2011. Study of Hydraulic Properties of Soils at Test Sites of New Suprapermafrost Drainage Systems for Buildings and Structures in the Republic of Sakha/Yakutia
- Public Contract with the Republic of Sakha/Yakutia Government no. 958, 2010. Characterization of Permafrost-Related Landforms and Processes in the Lena Pillars Nature Park Nominated for Inscription on the UNESCO’s World Heritage List
- Public Contract with the Republic of Sakha/Yakutia Government no. 638. Project 1.2.19, 2008-2010. Study of Hydrogeothermal Conditions in the Intrapermafrost Water Recharge Area in the Bestyakh Terrace
- Public Contract with the Republic of Sakha/Yakutia Government no.584. Project 2.1.16, 2007-2009. Creation of a Digital Hydrogeological Map of Central Yakutia at a Scale of 1:1,000,000, Sheets P-51, 52, 53
- RFBR Project 06-05-96087 (r_vostok_a), 2006-2008. Understanding the Formation and Dynamics of Saline Taliks in Urban Areas of Central Yakutia
- Lebedeva L.S., Bazhin K.I., Khristoforov I.I., Abramov A.A., Pavlova N.A., Efremov V.S., Ogonerov V.V., Tarbeeva A.M., Fedorov M.P., Nesterova N.V., Makarieva O.M. (2019). Suprapermafrost subaerial taliks, Central Yakutia, Shestakovka river basin. Kriosfera Zemli, XXIII(1), 35–44 DOI: 10.21782/EC2541-9994-2019-1(35-44) http://www.izdatgeo.ru/pdf/earth_cryo/2019-1/35_eng.pdf
- Ogonerov V., Pavlova N., Danzanova M. (2019). Permafrost and hydrogeological conditions at the inwashed reclaimed lands of the Yakutsk city. In: Solving the Puzzles from Cryosphere, Int. Conf., Pushchino, Russia, April 15-18, 2019, Program and Abstracts, p. 105-106.
- Pavlova, N., Lebedeva, L., & Efremov, V. (2019). Lake water and talik groundwater interaction in continuous permafrost, Central Yakutia. Paper presented at the 16th International Symposium on Water-Rock Interaction, WRI 2019 and 13th International Symposium on Applied Isotope Geochemistry, 1st IAGC International Conference; Tomsk; Russian Federation; 21 July 2019-26 July 2019. E3S Web of Conferences, 98, doi:10.1051/e3sconf/20199807024
- Shamov V., Lebedeva L., Tarbeeva A., Lutsenko T., Ksenofontova M., Gartsman B., Efremov V., Danilov P., Pavlova N., Legostaeva Y., Ogonerov V., Panysheva K. (2019). Detailed hydrological observations in a small catchment at Prilenskoye Plateau (a case of the Shestakovka Creek): Some evidences and puzzles. In: Solving the Puzzles from Cryosphere, Int. Conf., Pushchino, Russia, April 15-18, 2019, Program and Abstracts, p. 89-90.
- Torgovkin N., Maksimov G.T., Makarov V.N., Pavlova N.A. (2019). Hydrochemical features of the northern coast of the Kotelniy Island. In: Solving the Puzzles from Cryosphere, Int. Conf., Pushchino, Russia, April 15-18, 2019, Program and Abstracts, p. 66-67.
- Pavlova N. A., Danzanova M. V. (2017). Hydrochemical transformation at anthropogenic cryopeg sites related to short-term climatic variations. Book of Abstracts, XI International Symposium on Permafrost Engineering. Magadan, Russia, 5-8 September 2017 (ed. R.V. Zhang). Yakutsk: Melnikov Permafrost Institute SB RAS Press, p. 106-107.
- Pavlova N.A., Efremov V.S., Kolesnikov A.B. (2017). Monitoring of the Unugestyakh lake with outlet in Central Yakutia. Cold-Region Hydrology in a Non-Stationary World, Proceedings of 21st Northern Research Basins Symposium and Workshop. August 6–12, 2017, Yakutsk, Russia. Yakutsk: Melnikov Permafrost Institute Publ., pp. 100-103.
- Shesternev D. M., Zhang R. V., Kuzmin G. P., Guryanov I. E., Velikin S. A., Pavlova N. A., Litovko A. V. (2017). Monitoring of natural-technical systems in the Yakutian Permafrost Region. Book of Abstracts, XI International Symposium on Permafrost Engineering. Magadan, Russia, 5-8 September 2017 (ed. R.V. Zhang). Yakutsk: Melnikov Permafrost Institute SB RAS Press, p. 123.
- Pavlova N. A., Kolesnikov A. B., Efremov V. S., Shepelev V. V. (2016). Groundwater chemistry in intrapermafrost taliks in Central Yakutia. Water Resources 43(2), 353-363.
- Ivanova L. D., Pavlova N. A. (2014). Role of icings in the Upper Yana River and its tributaries in the formation of high summer floods. Journal of Engineering of Heilongjiang University, 5(3): 62-66.
- Shesternev D. M., Zhang R. V., Kuzmin G. P., Shepelev V. V., Pavlova N. A., Popenko F. E. (2014). Industrial and residential construction on hydraulic fill in permafrost regions; problems and prospects. Journal of Engineering of Heilongjiang University, 5(3): 100-109.
- Pavlova, N.A., Kolesnikov, A.B. (2013). Hydrochemical characteristics of intrapermafrost groundwater in discharge areas, Central Yakutia. In: International Conference “Earth Cryology: XXI Century”, September 29 – October 3, 2013, Pushchino, Moscow region, Russia. The Program and Conference Materials, pp. 38-39.
- Pavlova N.A., Danzanova M.V., Efremov V.S., Popenko F.E. (2012). Assessment of the effectiveness of drainage systems for the solution to hydrogeoecological problems of the City of Yakutsk. In: Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Permafrost, Salekhard, Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District, Russia June 25–29, 2012. Vol. 4/2, Extended Abstracts. Tyumen, Ekaterinburg: The Fort Dialog-Iset Publisher, pp. 444-445.
- Pavlova N.A., Popenko F.E., Danzanova M.V. (2011). Test study of vertical drainage in cryopeg-containing saline soils at Yakutsk. In: Delegate Papers of International Conference under the Aegis of IAEG “Environmental Geosciences and Engineering Survey for Territory Protection and Population Safety” (EngeoPro - 2011), Moscow, 2011, p. 229-232.
- Pavlova N A (2009). Hydrogeochemical changes in urban areas of Central Yakutia. In: Recent Development of Research on Permafrost Engineering and Cold Region Environment, Proceedings of the Eighth International Symposium on Permafrost Engineering, 15-17 October 2009, Xi’an, China (eds. Ming Huo, Wei Ma and Fujun Niu). Lanzhou: Lanzhou University Press, рp. 485-488.
- Anisimova N.P., N.A. Pavlova (2008). Water chemistry of hydrogenous taliks in the Middle Lena. In: Kane, D.L. & Hinkel, K.M. (eds). Ninth International Conference on Permafrost, Volume 1. Institute of Northern Engineering, University of Alaska Fairbanks, pp. 55-58.
- Anisimova, N.P., Pavlova, N.A., Tetelbaum, A.S. (2001). Temperature dynamics of anthropogenically salinized ground under action of short-term climatic changes. In: The 7th International Symposium on Thermal Engineering and Sciences for Cold Regions, July 11-14, 2001, Seoul, Korea, p.205-208.