Stanislav Zabolotnik, Ph.D.
Leading Research Scientist, Laboratory of General Geocryology
Tel.: (4112) 390-857
- M.S. (Geocryology), Lomonosov Moscow State University, 1960
- Ph.D. (Geology and Mineralogy), Research Institute for Engineering Site Investigations, USSR State Committee for Construction, Moscow, 1973. Dissertation: Seasonal Ground Freezing and Thawing in the Mongolian People’s Republic
- Seasonal ground freezing and thawing in Siberia and Mongolia
- Permafrost thermal regime
- 1973 to present– Member, MPI Scientific Council
- 2002 to present – Member, International Informatization Agency
Investigations of seasonal freezing and thawing and the permafrost thermal regime in:
- Mongolia (Khangay Mountains, Darkhad and Khovsogol Depression), 1986–1987
- The Zone of the Baikal-Amur Railway, 1975-1983
- Mongolian People's Republic (country wide), 1968-1971
- Udokan Expedition, 1962-1965
- Vilyui Expedition, 1961
Dr. Zabolotnik was a research advisor to D. Tumurbaatar, Institute of Geography and Geocryology, Mongolian Academy of Sciences, who successfully completed his PhD degree in 1990.