Eduard Severskiy, Ph.D.
Head, Kazakhstan Alpine Permafrost Laboratory
Tel.: (7272) 673 -791
- M.S. (Geography and Biology), Alma-Ata State Pedagogical Institute, 1963
- Ph.D. (Agriculture), Alma-Ata Agricultural Institute, 1972. Dissertation: Forest Vegetation Types and Zonation of Dark Coniferous Forests in the Mineral Altay
- Seasonally frozen ground
- Cryogenic processes and landforms
- Geocryological hazards assessment
- Member, Scientific Advisory Council, Kazselezashita (Kazakhstan Ministry for Emergency Situations)
Dr. Severskiy conducts geocryological investigations of seasonally and perennially frozen ground in the mountains and plains of Central Asia and Kazakhstan since 1974. He has studied the distribution and structure of different types of perennially and seasonally frozen ground, as well as related processes and landforms in the Pamir-Alai, Tian Shan, Dzungarian Alatau, Tarbagatay and Altay. His current field work involves monitoring of the temperature regime of permafrost and seasonally frozen ground in the northern Tian Shan.