- D.Sc. (Engineering), Melnikov Permafrost Institute, 2016. Dissertation: Methodological Bases for Electromagnetic Sounding of Frozen Ground within the Layer of Annual Temperature Variations
- Ph.D. (Engineering), Melnikov Permafrost Institute, 2006. Dissertation: Study of the State and Properties of Permafrost and Cryopegs by Ground-Penetrating Radar
- M.S., Irkutsk Polytechnic Institute, 1973
- Geophysical studies of permafrost
- Petrophysics of permafrost materials
Current and Recent Projects
- SB RAS Basic Research Project, 2021-2025: Sustainability of Coupled Natural and Human Systems in Permafrost Regions and New Technologies for Using Cold Resources (Participant)
- SB RAS Core Project VIII.77.2.3, 2013-2016. Impact of Geocryological, Geological and Physico-Chemical Processes on the Infrastructure – Environment Systems in Permafrost Regions under Changing Climate
- Public Contract with the Republic of Sakha/Yakutia Government no. 1090, 2011-2013. Engineering-Geocryological Monitoring in the Berkakit-Tommot-Kerdem Railroad Corridor.
- Contract Project with OOO Stroyproekt and Vilyui Federal Public Road Bureau, 2012. Study of applicability of electromagnetic induction methods to permafrost thermal monitoring beneath road embankments
- SB RAS Core Project VII.63.2.6, 2010-2012. Thermal and Mechanical Interaction between Engineering Structures and Frozen Ground.
- Public Contract with the Republic of Sakha/Yakutia Government no. 757, 2009-2011. Understanding Climate Change in Yakutia, Prediction to Year 2050 and Estimation of Permafrost Response to Climatic Fluctuations.
- SB RAS Core Project 126.96.36.199, 2007-2009. Providing Reliable Foundations in Permafrost on the Basis of Improved, State-of-the-Art Research Methods.
- SB RAS Core Project 24.4.3, 2003-2006. Relationship between Stability of Infrastructure/Environment Systems and Kinetics of Permafrost Physical, Thermal and Mechanical Properties
- 2012 – Yakutsk-Vilyui Federal Road, electromagnetic induction measurements
- 2011 – Berkakit-Tommot-Kerdem Railroad Corridor, electromagnetic induction measurements
- 2009-2010 – geophysical surveys in the Yakutsk area to estimate the thermal state of frozen foundation soils
- 2007-2008 – GPR surveys in Mirny and Chernyshevsky, western Yakutia to study the thermal state of permafrost foundation materials for urban infrastructure
- 2007 – geophysical surveys of permafrost conditions in the Kyuchus gold deposit
- 2006 – Tommot-Yakutsk Railroad, KP 698.8-699.3 and KP701.8-702.6 – geophysical mapping of ice wedges and soil/bedrock interfaces
- 2006 – geophysical mapping of biogenic taliks in livestock farming areas, Malaya Markha
- 2005-2006 – geophysical studies of permafrost and ground ice bodies along the proposed Tommot-Kerdem railroad corridor